Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
* 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
* 2 (1-ounce) bottles red food colouring
* 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
* Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
* Beat 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared crust.
* Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300°, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until centre is firm. Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
* Beat 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of spring-form pan. Garnish, if desired.
From - Southern Living Magazine