Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 1/2 hr
Serves: 5 little piggies
Dietary guidance: v
300gms good dark chocolate, in small pieces
3 small cartons whipping cream
11 egg yolks
5 egg whites
5 tbsp powdered sugar
NB No mooses were harmed in the making of this mousse.
1. separate the eggs into separate big bowls, placing the egg yolks in the bowl you will mix with first. Put 4 tbsp powdered sugar in, and cream for 3-4 min.
2. place chocolate in a pot and melt untill running consistency. Turn the mixer on and pour the moulten chocolate into the egg yolks in a thin stream. Keep it on for another 3-4 min after all the chocolate is in.
3. Whip the egg whites till stiff peaks form. Fold one scoop into the chocolate mixture, mix well, then fold the rest in.
4. Whip the cream untill stiff, with one tablespoon of icing sugar. Fold 3/4 of this into the chocolate mixture, untill its a uniform brown colour.
5. Pour this into cups or a big bowl and refrigerate overnight to set. Serve with pralined nuts and the rest of the whipped cream!