Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n g
1 small butternut squash (or other winter squash)
1 baking potato
1 sweet potato
2 small purple potatoes
5-6 cloves of garlic
1. peel squash, potatoes, and beets as necessary
2. cut all veggies (except pears) into very thin slices
3. lightly fry everything except pears in thin layers in a couple of frying pans, until half-cooked (if cooked in one big pan, everything might steam before forming a nice crust). You can use a fairly small amount of butter or oil to accomplish all this to keep the dish "lighter".
4. Cut pears in quarters, remove cores, and slice into small wedges
5. transfer sauteed veggies into an oiled baking dish and mix in pear wedges.
6. Mix in parmesan cheese to taste, along with salt and pepper to taste
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
8. bake at 350 until veggies soften and whatever cheese is on top browns a little