Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v g d
* 3 Hass avocados (2 cups mashed)
* 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbs. raw agave nectar
* 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. raw cocoa powder
* 3 Tbs. raw almond butter
* 1 tsp. lemon juice
* Pinch ground cinnamon
* Pinch ground nutmeg or cardamom
* 1/2 tsp. flavored extract such as mint, cherry, orange, almond, hazelnut, or coffee, optional
Avocados give this luscious dessert its rich, creamy texture. â€œWe always have fun with this recipe because we ask people to guess whatâ€™s in it,â€ says Murray. The key is to use avocados that are neither under ripe nor overripe, both of which have super strong avocado flavor.
Purée all ingredients in food processor 3 to 4 minutes, or until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Transfer to bowls, and serve immediately.