Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
3-4 bacon rashers
4-6 chicken breasts, thighs, or legs,
1 whole cabbage
3/4 pint chicken stock
mixed herbs - a sprinkle, as much or as little as you like
1. Dice the onions and fry in a large ovenproof saucepan. (With lid)
2. Dice and then add the bacon rashers.
3. Brown the chicken breasts over the bacon and onions.
4. Quarter the cabbage and lay on top of the chicken.
5. Sprinkle the mixed herbs over the top of the cabbage/chicken/bacon/onions
6. Pour the chicken stock over the top of the cabbage.
7. place lid on saucepan, and then place in the oven for 1 hr at 180 degrees C