Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
milk, 2.5 c.
bay leaves, 2
pasta, 1 lb
oil, 4 tbsp
flour, 3 tbsp
grated cheese or tofu, 1.5 c.
Parmesan cheese, 1/2 c.
bread crumbs, 1/2 c.
1. Oven to 400 F. Bring salted water to boil.
2. Cook milk w/ bay leaves over medium-low heat. When bubbling, about 5 min, turn off heat.
3. Cook pasta to almost done. Drain, rinse.
4. Heat oil in saucepan then add flour and cook to brown, about 5 min. Remove bay leaves from milk and add slowly, whisking. Add cheese or tofu and stir.
5. Combine with pasta, toss with Parmesan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, pour into greased baking dish and cover with bread crumbs. Bake about 15 min.