Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v
Sourdough starter, equiv. of 1.5 c. flour
flour, 2 c.
rye flour, 1 c.
yeast, 1/2 tsp
salt, 2 tsp (use 1 tsp?)
1. Make sourdough starter.
2. Combine starter, 2 c. flour, 1.5 c. warm water in food processor. Process until smooth. Cover and let rest overnight.
3. Transfer half to covered container and refrigerate until next time. Put other half in food processor with 1/2 tsp yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1 c. rye, 1 c. flour, and process until a ball. Adjust to moist ball with water and flour.
4. Cover with plastic, let sit for at least an hour, or in refrigerator for several hours.
5. Oven to 400 F. Shape, let rest on floured sheet covered with a towel.
6. Transfer to oiled sheet, slash top, make steam in oven, put in oven, oven to 375 F, bake to golden brown (40 min for single boule, 15 min for rolls).