Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
3/4 cup Butter - softened
1 cup superfine (castor) sugar
1-1/4 cup self-raising flour
2 tbls cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Butter - softened
2-1/2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
1 tsp mint extract
2 drops green food colour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
2. Line a 12 cup cake pan, with cup cake papers.
3. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
1. Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric beater.
2. Slowly add sifted icing sugar.
2. Once well combined, add the mint extract and food colour. Beat until smooth and creamy.