Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon minced ginger
½ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Sriracha Sauce to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoon lemon or lime juice
1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry
1) Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry 30 seconds over medium heat to bring out the flavor.
2) Add chicken broth, soy sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
3) Bring just to a boil, stirring.
4) Dissolve the cornstarch in the wine and whisk into the sauce.
5) Heat until sauce thickens and reaches a full boil.
6) Simmer for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.