Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1/2 cup butter, divided in half (1 stick)
2 tablespoons curry powder (or more)
1 (14 ounce) package pasta (I used frozen ravioli)
1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream (milk)
crusty bread, to dip (maybe french bread?) (optional)
1.Start sauce first, as it needs to simmer to thicken.
2. Pour the can of broth into a medium sized pot and start simmering it.
3. Carefully add 1/2 stick of butter, cut into chunks. Stir until melted.
4. Add the curry powder, whisking to make sure there are no lumps.
5. Sample the sauce to see if the flavor suits you or if you need to add more curry powder.
6. In a separate pot, start making the pasta according to the package directions. Drain when done and add the remaining butter, stirring to coat.
7. When the sauce has simmered for 5 or 10 minutes, carefully add the coconut cream.
8. Sample the sauce again to be sure the flavor is right for you.
9. Continue simmering the sauce, whisking occasionally, until it reaches the thickness you desire,
10. Serve the sauce over the pasta with a side of crusty bread to dip.