Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Crazy Richard's Creamy PB)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 2 teaspoons hot chile paste (optional) (I used Sriracha Sauce)
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 8 ounces Udon noodles (If not available, substitute spaghetti)
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions, peanuts, and cilantro.
I served with bagged cole-slaw mix that was tossed in lime juice and crushed peanuts.