Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
2 (8-ounce) center-cut salmon filets
Extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat an oven-proof sauté pan over high heat for 3 minutes.
2. Rub both sides of the salmon filets with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the oregano and squeeze lemon on both filets.
3. Place the salmon away from you in the pan and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Without turning the filets over place the pan in the oven (400 F) for 6-9 minutes until the salmon is browned.
5. Spoon a mound of the simmered lentil on each plate and place the salmon filet on top. Serve hot.
Watch a video of this recipe being prepared on YouTube: