Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1/2 cup butter or margarine, soft
1 cup sugar
2 lrg eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 baking salt
3 cups of fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp each cinnamon & nutmeg
-Heat over to 375
-Line or grease 12 lrg muffin cups
- in a lrg bowl, beat butteruntil creamy. add sugar slowly and then one egg at a time until mixture is light colored and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- with a spatula fold in 1/2 the flour and then 1/2 the milk. Repeat again until batter is mixed softly together and then gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle tops with the sugar spice mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins until golden brown and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean of batter.
Delicious served warm with butter and a cup of tea or coffee.