Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
Dietary guidance: n g d
1 Chicken. Buy or cut into halves or quarters.
Sauce for 1 chicken:
Juice of 4 lemons or 8 TBL (1/2 cup) concentrated lemon juice
4 TBL vinegar
6 TBL Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp. Texas Pete
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
0. Optional: marinate chicken in half the sauce overnight.
1. Take off excess fat. Leave skin on while cooking for moisture. Cut wing joint and pull away to decrease cooking time.
2. Salt liberally to taste.
3. Place on hot grill skin side for few minutes
4. Turn grill to low. Cook until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
5. Turn chicken over and brown skin side. Watch chicken closely for flare-ups.
6. Cook til golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
7. When browned on both sides, baste with sauce, turning frequently, until all sauce is used. About 15-20 minutes.
8. Optional â€“ stick chickens with fork occasionally so sauce will go in chicken.