Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Plum Tomatoâ€™s
- 1 Lime
- 1 Head of Ice Berg Lettuce
- 1 Bag of Shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- 8 Whole- Wheat, Low-Carb Wraps
- Brown Rice
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Dice the Onion, Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Tomatoâ€™s and store in separate bowls.
- Cut both Avocados in half and remove the pit. Make horizontal and vertical cuts all the way to skin, then scoop out with a spoon and place in a bowl. (Making cuts before you scoop quickens the process and makes less mess)
- Cut lime in half and squeeze some on top of the Avocado to keep it from browning.
- Cut Lettuce in half. Keep one half out on cutting board and keep other half in the fridge.
- Cut the lettuce into small strips about ½ an inch then cut strips in half, and reserve in a bowl.
- Chop half of the bunch of cilantro.
- Drain Beans and set to the side.
- Follow the directions on the brown rice to cook.
Lets Get Cookinâ€™:
- Warm a medium skillet on medium heat and spray with Non-stick spray.
- Add 1/3 onions, ½ Green Peppers, and ½ Red Peppers to skillet. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add Ground Turkey to peppers and onions. Cook until brown.
- While the ground turkey is cooking start to prepare the guacamole. With a fork mash the avocados until you can only see some chunks, then add 1/3 onion, ½ of the tomatoâ€™s, and ½ chopped cilantro. Mix with fork.
- Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water to the ground turkey mixture. Turn off heat and sprinkle cilantro and cheese on top. Let cheese melt.
- While cheese is melting place wraps on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix black beans and rice in a bowl. I like to add a touch of lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Last but not least sit down and ENJOY!!! YUM!