Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 60 Minutes
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
440g jar Waitrose Tomato and Herb Pasta Sauce
500g pack Waitrose Extra Lean Ground British Beef
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
250g pack organic chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
500g pack gnocchi (either fresh or long-life)
350g tub Waitrose Formaggi Cheese Sauce (from the chiller cabinet)
50g grated mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place the ground beef, onion and garlic in a nonstick pan and fry gently for 5-6 minutes, stirring all the time, until the onion is starting to soften.
2. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until the meat is browned. Pour over the tomato and herb sauce, bring to the boil, season with black pepper, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling water according to pack instructions. Drain well.
4. To assemble the dish, spoon half the Bolognese mixture into a large shallow ovenproof dish, then top with the gnocchi. Add the remaining Bolognese sauce and then spoon the cheese sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
5. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately, with Waitrose Continental Salad.