Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
half roast duck (eg Chinese barbecued roast duck)
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 slice fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
400g/14oz fresh oiled egg noodles
200g/7oz bean sprouts, rinsed
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
sugar, to taste
1. Remove the flesh from the duck and finely slice it, discarding the bones.
2. Heat a wok (or frying pan), add the oil and heat.
3. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until golden to flavour the oil, then remove and discard. Add the celery, chilli and half the spring onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the duck and stir-fry for 1 more minute.
4. Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, then drain immediately. Add to the wok and toss well over a high heat.
5. Add the bean sprouts, toss, then add the rice wine. Add the hoisin, oyster and soy sauces and toss well. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and serve.