Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
1 box mix of any flavor cake (or homemade cake)
1 can of any flavor icing
1 bag of candy melts or a giant chocolate bar
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes.
- When cake is cooked and cooled down, crumble into small pieces in a large bowl.
- Stir in about 2/3rds of the can of frosting until well blended
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. The balls should be smaller than a golf ball.
- Freeze the balls for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate or candy melts in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Using a toothpick, dip the balls into the candy coating until completely covered. Put them back in the freezer for 30 min to let the outside harden.