Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min.
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
* 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, undrained
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
* 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
* 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
* 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in the soup, bean sprouts, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in rice and water chestnuts.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in peas and sprinkle with noodles. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.