Cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 package of yellow cake mix (18½ oz package)
1 package of Jell-O vanilla instant pudding (3¾ oz ) & pie filling *
* If using yellow cake mix with pudding already in the mix, then omit instant pudding. Use 3 eggs instead of 4, 1/3 cup oil instead of ½ cup.
½ cup of cold water
½ cup of salad oil
½ cup of dark rum
¼ lb butter
¼ cup water
1 cup of granulated sugar
½ cup dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease and flower 10â€ tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan
- Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan
- Mix all cake ingredients together
- Pour batter over nuts
Bake 1 hour
- Invert on serving plate
- Prick top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze.
- Repeat until glaze is used up.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and stir in rum