2 lbs stewing beef
3/4 cup Fat-free italian dressing
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 cups sliced mushrooms
3 cups sliced carrots
3 medium potatoes, cut into large chunks
1 can Alymer Accents Petite Cut Tomatoes, Original, undrained
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1. Trim fat from beef; cut into 1" chunks.
2. Place dressing and beef in a resealable bag; refridgerate 30 minutes.
3. Cook bacon until crisp in large stew pot; decant bacon fat; remove bacon.
4. Add onion and mushrooms to pot; cook on med-high for 10 minutes or until soft.
5. Add beef, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, broth and bacon.
6. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hr 15 minutes.
7. Uncover; simmer for 15 minutes or until beef is tender and sauce is thick.
1 serving = 1 1/2 cups
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
311 calories, 11.4 g fat, 3.1 g fibre.
7 points/serving for W.W.