Preparation time: 10 mins
Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
Dietary guidance: v v n d
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup quick-cooking oat
1 1/3 cups soymilk (plain or vanilla flavored)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, sift flours and all dry ingedients together.
2. In another bowl mix wet ingredients.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Oil a griddle and pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
6. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
If you're looking for a little something extra, I like to add half a cup of frozen blueberries. Ray loves some good ol' chocolate chips in his. But after loading up on butter and maple syrup, his ends up being more like dessert than breakfast...