Preparation time: 2 hrs to overnight
Cooking time: 12 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n d
2 pounds skirt steak
½ cup chimichuri marinade (see below)
6 ears of corn
1/2 cup margarine
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub marinade all over skirt steak and refrigerate covered for a few hours to overnight.
2. Peel husks back from corn to 2-3 layers, leaving the remaining layers attached. Remove the silk and rinse each cob. In a small bowl, combine margarine, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Rub each ear with the seasoned margarine and pull the husks up to cover each cob.
3. Heat grill to high.
4. Place corn on grill and rotate every 2-3 minutes. On high heat, corn should be done in 10-12 minutes.
5. Grill skirt steak 4-5 minutes per side for well done, and about 3 minutes for each side if you like it medium.
6. Remove from steak from heat and allow it to rest before slicing across the grain.
7. Serve with flatbread and remaining chimichuri.
Serves: 2 cups
Chimichuri is reminiscent of pesto without the nuts and with the addition of vinegar and onions. It is a versatile condiment that can be served as a dipping sauce, marinade, and sauce.
1 large bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley about 2-3 cups of parsely
8 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 very small onion
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Note: If your meat source is not kosher, double the salt.