Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n g
Chicken pieces â€“ 1.5kg, (thigh for flavour, but any you have, ideally skin on)
Tikka Spices (why not try our SpiceNtice authentic tikka mix) â€“ 4 tbsp
Garlic - 1 tbsp, crushed or paste
Lemon juice â€“ about half a lemon or 2 tbsp
Yoghurt â€“ a small pot
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
1. Wash and pat-dry the chicken pieces with a paper towel.
2. Mix in all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate chicken in the mixture for minimum of 2 hours to up to 24 hours, in the refrigerator.
3. Ttake the chicken out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature before cooking. Mix in half a cup of oil, coating all the chicken pieces evenly.
4. Grill on a BBQ Grill (or a in an oven preheated to 180C) till they are cooked through, turning every 5/7 min. Save the marinade for basting. If the chicken pieces seems dry then brush a little of the marinade on them, before each turn.
5. Serve hot with a side of garden salad.
For a little extra zing, why not add some finely chopped fresh Chilli, and a little Ginger.