Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 1hour
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v g
1.5kg granulated or caster sugar
2 vanilla pods
1. Simmer the whole greengages with 250ml water and whole vanilla pods for approximately 30 minutes or until soft.
2. Take off the heat and add in the sugar, stir until fully dissolved.
3. Put back on heat, add in butter.
4. Boil hard for 10 minutes, the stone should now start to rise to the top. Fish em out. Also fish out the vanilla pods, rinse them and you can store them in the sugar to make vanilla sugar.
5. Reduce the jam down to the right consistency.
6. Pour into a sterile jam jar and store.