Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
6 chicken breasts
4 sticks lemongrass
5 cloves garlic
1 tbs grated ginger
4 tbs fish sauce
4 tbs dark soy sauce
3 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs sugar
2 yellow onions
7 spring onions
4 tbs toasted sesame seeds
575g jasmine rice
1. Chop the chicken breast into small pieces and marinade in the sesame oil, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar.
2. Mince the garlic and white parts of the lemongrass in a food processor.
3. Chop the spring onions into 1 inch pieces and place to one side.
4. Chop the onions and place in the wok on a medium high heat with a little sesame oil. Add the lemongrass, garlic, and ginger.
5. After a minute or two turn the heat to high and add the chicken, stir fry until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and add 2/3 of the chopped spring onions.
6. Serve with rice and sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
1. Place the jasmine rice in a covered pan with 1.5 pints of boiling water, bring to the boil then simmer until the water is gone and the rice is cooked.
2. Fluff up the rice and stir in the remainder of the spring onions and a handful of coarsely chopped coriander along with a dash of light soy sauce and a dash of sesame oil.