Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n g
about 1/3 C olive oil
about 2-3 large leeks, chopped, white and pale green parts only
about 4 medium zucchinis/ 1 gigantic zucchini, chopped, with skins
about 4 C boiling water
sea salt to taste
1 C skim milk
about 3/4 C plain greek yogurt, mixed with 2 teaspoons corn starch
1. Cook leeks in 1/4 C olive oil in large pot on med to low heat until soft and slightly caramelized.
2. Add zucchinis and water, cook until zucchini is soft and liquid has reduced.
3. Puree with immersion blender.
4. Add vinegar, sugar, salt. Cook for another 5 min or so, until flavors have melded.
5. When soup has creamy consistency and mellow flavor, take off heat. Add corn starch-yogurt mixture.
6. Serve hot or cold, drizzled with olive oil.
Optional toppings include grated cheese, thinly sliced zucchinis sliced and sauteed with salt but no oil/butter, croutons, swirled yogurt, or whatever else you fancy.