Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n g d
1-1/2 cups GF gingersnap crumbs (pulverized in a food processor)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
12 ounces coconut milk
1. Preheat oven, 350 degrees.
2. Process cookies in food processor until crumbed. (Can use blender or rolling pin filled with cookies in Ziploc bag.). I used half MI-DEL gluten free gingersnaps, and half MI-DEL gluten free animal cookies, but you can use all gingersnaps if you want.
3. Mix crumbs, sugar, vanilla, and butter.
4. If desired, reserve 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for garnish.
5. Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 9-inch pie pan.
6. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
1. Raise temperature of oven to 425°F.
2. Combine pumpkin through coconut milk. Stir well & pour into pie crust. (You may want to protect the edges of the crust with strips of foil, or a crust protector if you have one.)
3. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to 350F & bake about 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool pie on wire rack. Garnish with reserved gingersnap crumbles.