Cooking time: 2hrs
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: d
1lb lamb stew meat, cubed into bite size pieces
1lb frozen or fresh green beans, steams removed
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 14oz can crushed tomatoes, un-drained
1 4oz can tomato paste
2 cups water
2 cups beef or vegetable flavored broth
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp dry coriander or 3 teaspoons fresh coriander, cut
½ tsp cumin
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Saute the meat until lightly brown (approximately 10 minutes on medium-high heat).
2. Add the garlic and onion and continue sauteing for an additional 5
minutes or until onion is fragrant and translucent.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes and spices.
4. Add the broth, the water and the tomato paste, and then add the green beans
5. Bring to a gentle boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours.