Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: d
24 Each Roland® Artichoke Bottoms
0.5 cup Roland® Olive Oil
1 Each Yellow onion, chopped
1 pound Ground beef or lamb
0.5 teaspoon Roland® Fine Sea Salt
0.25 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
0.25 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
0.25 teaspoon Cumin, ground
0.25 cup Pignoli nuts
0.5 cup Roland® Basmati Rice, cooked
3 cups Water
0.25 cup Roland® Verjus
2 tablespoon All purpose flour
1. Saute both sides of artichoke bottoms in a small amount of olive oil until lightly browned. Add more olive oil as needed.
2. Place sauteed artichoke bottoms on sheet pan.
3. Saute onion, then stir in meat, sea salt, nutmeg, cumin and black pepper. When well browned, drain and stir in rice and pignoli nuts.
4. Fill artichoke bottoms with mixture.
5. Mix together water, Verjus (or lemon juice), and flour and pour over stuffed bottoms.
6. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.