Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45-50 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n d
6 cups Water
2 cups Roland® Farro
0.33 cup Roland® Olive Oil
3 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
8 Each Tomatoes
0.5 cup Scallions, chopped
0.5 cup Yellow bell peppers, diced
0.5 cup Fresh mint, chopped
0.5 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
Roland® Fine Sea Salt
Black pepper, ground
1. In medium saucepan combine water and farro; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium; partially cover and simmer about 20-30 minutes, until farro is tender. Drain Well.
3. In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper.
4. Add cooked farro and toss to combine. Cool to room temperature.
5. Core tomatoes, leaving hollowed-out shells.
6. Dice tomato pulp and add to farro along with scallions, yellow bell pepper, parsley, and mint. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
7. Spoon farro mixture into tomatoes. Serve on plates garnished with greens and parsley.