Preparation time: 1 hr
Cooking time: 45 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v g d
1 cup Roland® Long Grain Red Rice
2.5 cups water (or chicken stock)
2 Tbsps. Roland® Olive Oil
6 Tbsps. green onions, chopped in 1/2 inch sections
1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted and broken
2 tsp. grated orange zest
To taste Roland® Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1. Soak rice 1 hour in cold water. Drain.
2. Place rice and 2.5 cups water in non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
3. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
4. When rice is ready, heat olive oil in skillet over low heat.
5. Add green onions and cranberries, and saute lightly.
6. Stir onion mixture, orange zest and pecans to rice.
7. Combine ingredients gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.