Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n d
2 cups Roland® Quinoa, cooked & cooled
1 cup Fresh breadcrumbs
1 1/2 cups Flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
2 Each Eggs, lightly beaten
4 Each Flounder fillets (approx. 1.5 lbs. each)
1/2 cup Roland® extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to lowest setting to keep fish warm after it is cooked. Combine cooked quinoa and breadcrumbs in a large, flat container, toss to mix.
2. Place seasoned flour and eggs in separate large, flat containers. Dredge flounder in the flour, 1 fillet at a time.
3. Coat both sides and shake off excess. Next, dredge the egg to coat both sides. Finally, place the fillet into quinoa/breadcrumb mix and coat well.
4. Place on a sheet pan lined with wax paper or parchment. Continue to coat remaining fillets; do not stack them on top of each other.
5. Heat 1/4-inch of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add fillets (do not overcrowd pan). Brown well on one side then gently flip and brown on second side.
6. Transfer to a plate and keep warm in oven while finishing the rest. (Fish should be cooked through at this point depending on thickness; if not, place in 350 degree oven to finish cooking). Serve immediately. Serves 4-6.