Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n g d
1 Package Roland® Buckwheat Soba Noodles
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. pork tender loin, cut against the grain in thin strips
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
few drops Roland® Sesame Oil
2 cups carrots, cut in julienne strips (4 medium carrots)
1 medium onion, cut in julienne strips
1 cup fresh Shitake mushrooms
1/2 head Napa or Savoy Cabbage, shredded 1/4" wide
1/3 cup Roland® Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Sake
2 tsp. sugar
Salt and Pepper
Beni Shoga (pickled red ginger) for garnish
Dried flaked aonori seaweed
1. Prepare the soba noodles following the package instructions just before stir-frying and set aside. Sprinkle with a few drops of sesame oil to keep noodles from sticking together.
2. Make sauce of soy sauce, sake and sugar. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large wok or skillet on medium heat and stir-fry pork with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove meat from skillet leaving oil in. Add garlic, ginger, onion, carrots and mushrooms to the skillet and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add cabbage, stir-fry briefly. Add soba noodles. Pour in 1/2 of the yakisoba sauce and stir-fry for a few minutes, making sure all ingredients are covered with the sauce. Add meat back in. Taste and add additional sauce. Remove from heat.
5. Divide the yaki soba among 4-6 plates. Garnish with Beni Shoga and dried flaked aonori seaweed just before serving. Makes 4-6 generous servings.