Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v n g d
2 - 12 ounce bags fresh cranberries
1 1/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
1 TBS grated orange peel
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup minced crystalized ginger
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and boil until the cranberries begin to pop, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
3. Let cool and mix in crystallized ginger.
4. I prefer my sauce thick so I sometimes put sauce in a strainer for a minute or two.
5. Refrigerate covered and make this 3 days before Thanksgiving.