Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Serves: Makes approx. 30 balls
Dietary guidance: v n g d
- 1 1/2 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 small free range eggs
- 1/4 cup besan flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs Healthy Life Safflower Oil
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup Healthy Life Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained and blotted of oil
- Black pepper
1. Soak the chick peas in water and baking powder for 12 hours. Drain and thoroughly rinse and place in a processor to puree.
2. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, chilli,
parsley, egg, flour and seasoning.
3. Shape the mixture into small balls.
4. Preheat the oven to 160C.
5. Heat a non stick pan with 1 tbs safflower oil and fry
evenly in batches (approx 10 at a time).
6. Drain any excess oil by setting them down on
absorbent kitchen paper.
7. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven to stay warm while you repeat the
process and cook all the balls.
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and serve with chickpea balls.
Note: anchovy like all other oily fish is a good source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids but due to their high salt content should be avoided in large quantities.