Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
Dietary guidance: n d
375g rice flour
55g tapioca flour
1tbsp wheat starch
1 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
1tsp sesame oil
1tbs light soya sauce
270g radish, shredded
45g carrot, shredded
1tbsp chopped shallots
1tsp chopped garlic150g
1 chinese sausage, chop finely
50g dried prawns, chopped
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
1. Squeeze out any excess juice from the radish.
2. Heat oil, fry shallots and garlic until lightly golden and fragrant. Add chinese sausage and dried prawns.
3. Add radish and carrot to fry.
4. Combine ingredient A in a mixing bowl. Add seasoning B and stir to mix, then pour into cooking mixture. Cook over medium low heat until thickens.
5. Transfer batter to a lightly greased cake pan.
6. Steam over high heat about 35 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Remove to cool completely and cut into small pieces.
8. Deep fry in hot oil until the pieces are golden.
9. Garnish with spring onion.