Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v
280g plain flour
2tbsp corn flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp soda bicarbonate
160g finely ground corn flakes
60g ground almond
90g castor sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
Garnishing : 1 egg, well beaten
1. Sift all the flour ingredient, stir in corn flakes and almond.
2. Beat butter, sugar, egg and essence.
3. Fold in flour mixture, mix well to form a soft dough.
4. Form in balls and place on lightly greased baking trays.
5. Glaze with egg and decorate with sliced almond/walnut.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins or until lightly browned.