Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
1 unbaked pie shell
2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup half and half
pinch of salt
sprinkling of fresh ground pepper
1) Bake shell in preheated 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until golden. Remove crust from oven and reduce heat to 350.
2) Saute spinach, onion and red bell pepper in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes until onion is soft.
3) Combine eggs, half and half and pinch of salt.
4) Spoon sauteed spinach mixture in bottom of pie shell followed by cheeses and ending with egg mixture. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
5) Bake in 350 degree oven for around 35 minutes or until centre is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.