Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) butter, melted
1 1/2 packages (12 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
3 large eggs
1 cup fresh raspberries (more or less, as desired)
3/4 cup fresh blueberries (more or less, as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In a food processor (or with an electric mixer) blend cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest just until smooth. Do not over-beat.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the crumb crust. Scatter raspberries and blueberries on top.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until touch to center feels slightly firm and set.
6. Cool completely before cutting. Use foil to lift cheesecake out of pan and onto a cutting board. Use a thin, sharp knife to cut into clean-looking bars (wiping blade clean with a paper towel between cuts). Refrigerate until ready to serve.