Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
4 thick slices Italian-style bread
4 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
4 slices of eggplant, grilled
3 cherry tomatoes halved
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Greek Feta cheese*
Florina or Bulgarian roasted peppers *
Fresh Basil chopped
Sun dried tomatoes chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
* Available at Nabeel's International Market
1. Grill bread lightly over hot charcoal grill, making sure both sides are equally toasted.
2. Remove bread from grill and quickly rub a large garlic clove over bread. (The garlic will melt over the bread).
3. Plate the bread and drizzle olive oil over the bread. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and oregano.
4. Put eggplant, roasted peppers, Feta, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and basil over each slice of the toasted/grilled bread.
5. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley and a little extra virgin olive oil.
To see a video of this (and other recipes) being prepared, please visit our Nabeel's YouTube Channel: