Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v n d
1 Cup sugar
2 teaspoon salt (use for preservative)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 Cup vinegar
2/3 Cup Ketchup
1 Cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon onion
1. Place vinegar, oil, ketchup, & onion. Mix well.
2. Place paprika, celery seed, chili powder, mustard, & salt (if you are using salt). Mix well.
3. Add finally add a little sugar at a time and mix each time you use it (donâ€™t add more than a ¼ cup at a time) this makes the dressing thick and will make sure the sugar is mixed well into all the dressing.
4. Let set in a sealed container, in the refrigerator for couple of hours (while stirring for 3 to 4 times) for the ingredients to combine.
5. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Use the salt only for preservative, donâ€™t use the salt if you use the dressing for a week.