Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
2 bunches of fresh parsley (1 1/2 cup finely chopped, with stems discarded)
2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
4 green onions chopped including some of the leaves (stems)
4 medium finely chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 pinches of granulated garlic
1 cup bulgur, medium grade (prefer #2)*
6 tablespoons lemon juice
8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Romaine lettuce or lettuce to line serving bowl
* Available at Nabeel's International Market
1. Soak bulgur in cold water for about an hour and 45 minutes until soft.
2. Squeeze out excess water from bulgur using hands or paper towel.
3. Combine all ingredients, except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
4. Line serving bowl with lettuce leaves or romaine lettuce, and add salad.
5. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
If you would like to see videos of this and other great recipes, please take a look at our YouTube channel: