Difficulty: Medium - experience needed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
3/4 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (fire roasted is best!)
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the flour, the sugar, yeast, and salt. Stir in warm water and oil. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 1 minute. Stir in 1/3 cup cornmeal and remaining 3/4 cup flour to make a soft dough.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
4. Cover, let rest 10 minutes.
5. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with additional cornmeal. On cookie sheet, press dough into a 14x10 inch rectangle. Prick with fork.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn brown.
7. Sprinkle with one cup cheese blend .Top with chicken, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
8. Bake 6 to 8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
9. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.