Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 5
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
2 Snapper fillets
½ white onions sliced thin
4 garlic cloves sliced (not chopped)
1 tomato thinly sliced
6-8 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
½ bell pepper, sliced
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 pinches of oregano
2-3 leaves of basil, chopped
chopped parsley to taste
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Instead of doing it in the oven we will do it on the grill, as we do at Nabeelâ€™s®.
1. Season the snapper filets on both sides with salt and pepper and a little oregano.
2. On a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover the fish and the ingredients lay out half of the tomatoes, onions, and garlic; sprinkle a little oil all over.
3. Lay the fish on top of the layer of vegetables and drizzle some lemon over the fish.
4. Season with salt and pepper and oregano and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Top the snapper with all of the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over it the remaining olive oil.
6. Bring up the sides of the aluminum foil and pinch closed. Close the ends very tight so it looks like a sealed pouch.
7. When the foil rises the fish is done. Open it up and serve in the foil atop a plate.
Enjoy with white wine and Italian crusty bread!
NOTE: At Nabeelâ€™s® we only serve FRESH fish from the Gulf Coast!
If you would like to see a video of this dish and many others being prepared, please visit our Nabeel's YouTube page: