-500g bulk spicy Italian sausage, removed from casing & crumbled
-2 medium red onions, halved & sliced 1/4-inch thick
-1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth
sea salt & freshly ground pepper
3 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired
1. In a large non-stick skillet - heat over medium-high heat; cook the sausage until browned, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, about 5mins.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add onions & cook; stirring occasionally until the onions are carmelised & the sausage is cooked through; about 10-12mins.
3. Add broth & cook until heated through, 3-5mins.
4. Meanwhile, in a large salted pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain & return to the pot.
5. Add sausage mixture, parsley & Parmesan cheese to the pasta; toss to combine. Season with salt & pepper.