2tbs peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large red chilli, sliced
2 shallots, cut into 2cm lengths
270g cooked rice
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup green vegetables (snow peas & broccolini)
2tbs light soy sauce
2tsp fish sauce
2tsp white sugar
pince of white pepper
coriander leaves, to serve
lime wedges, to serve
1. Heat oil in a wok or non-stick frypan over high heat.
2. Add garlic, chilli & shallot and stirfry for 30seconds; add the rice, stirring for 1minute.
3. Add tomato, vegetables, soy & fish sauces and cook for a further 2mins.
4. Move rice to one side of the pan & add the egg, stirring gently to lightly scramble. Fold egg through the rice mixture.
5. Sprinkle with sugar, season with white pepper & stir to combine.
6. Divide between two bowls & serve with coriander leaves & lime wedges.
Great on a summer's day!