Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v n
1 1/4 Cups Sifted All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 Egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1 teaspoon Baking powder
Pinch of Salt
1 1/4 Cups Buttermilk
1/4 Cup Sugar
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the egg and buttermilk. Add to the flour mixture, stirring only until smooth.
3. Blend in the melted butter and sugar.
4. Cook on a medium-hot lightly greased griddle, using about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Drop the batter onto the griddle in 5 inch wide circles.
5. Cook until the pancakes are brown on one side and around the edges, then flip and brown the other side.