Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 1 hr.
Dietary guidance: v
12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (Reserve 1/4 cup)
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 lbs ricotta cheese
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons chopped spinach (I get the frozen kind and thaw it)
8 ounces spaghetti sauce (jarred or homemade)
1. In an 8 quart pot, bring water to a boil and cook shells for 8 minutes or until al dente.
2. Drain and cool immediately with cold water.
3. Drain and place open side down on paper towels.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of ingredients except the spaghetti sauce.
5. Reserve the 1/4 cup of Mozzarella.
6. Place a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 12 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Spoon the cheese mixture into each pasta shell and place open side up, in a single layer, in prepared pan.
9.Pour the rest of sauce over the stuffed shells.
10.Loosely cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
During last 5 minutes of baking, remove foil and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake 5 more minutes.