Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: v v n g d
1 small eggplant
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
200g firm tofu, cubed
3Tbs soy sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
2tsp sesame seeds
1 small pepper
2/3 cup vegetable stock
3 firm ripe tomatoes
1Tbs mixed herbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. wash both the eggplant and zucchini, place in colander, sprinkle with salt, letting drain for 30mins, then rinse
2. at the same time, mix tofu with soy sauce, garlic and sesame seeds. Cover and marinate for 30mins
3. bring stock full with peppers, onions, and garlic to a boil (5mins). Remove lid and let boil until all liquid has evaporated. Add tomatoes and herbs (3mins). Add eggplant and zucchini and cook until tender. Season to taste.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta until just al dente and drain thoroughly.
5. Toss everything together in a baking dish, and broil until lightly toasted.